While doing the Arlo camera setup, it is very essential to know about How To Sync Arlo Camera. Soon after you are done purchasing the Arlo security camera, you will have to synchronize it in the very next moment.
Once you complete the Syncing, you can transmit footage to cloud storage with the help of an internet connection. We would like to tell you that you can sync the Arlo security camera to the base station or your android phone.
Basically, there are two types of base stations that are completely compatible with the security cameras i.e Arlo Base Station and Arlo Pro Base Station.
In this guide, we are going to discuss how to sync the Arlo camera to the base station and mobile phone.
How To Sync Arlo Camera to Arlo/Arlo Pro Base Station?
If you want to know how to connect the Arlo camera to the base station then do follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
For Arlo Base Station
- To open the Arlo camera, move and hold the lock on the battery box.
- Now, you will see the battery door, located at the back of the camera. You need to lift it to open it.
- Inside the battery box, insert the new batteries that come along with the camera.
- Don’t forget to lock the battery box and door after inserting the batteries.
- The Arlo security camera should be placed close to the base station. Make sure that the distance between the base station and the camera is not more than 3 feet. This is what you must know for How To Sync Arlo Camera.
- Press the sync button on your Arlo base station and then release it after two seconds.
For Arlo Pro Base Station
- In case you are having an Arlo Pro base station, press the sync button given at the top of the base station. Press the button and then release it after two seconds.
- Check for the Arlo base station lights, in case it blinks green, it means you have completed the process of How To Sync Arlo Camera.
- Confirm the process from the Arlo security camera. There is a button given at the top of the camera. You need to press and release it after two seconds.
- If you have found that there is no blinking light on the base station, you would need to Connect Arlo Base Station to WiFi again.
- The blinking light should turn blue which means that the process is completed. In any case, if you have found that the LED light changes to amber, it means that the syncing process is completed. Hence, you would need to repeat the process again.
- If you see the blue blinking light on the Arlo camera, you must check the base station. The green light on the base station means that you can proceed further to complete Arlo Security Camera Setup. Hence, you have successfully completed the process for How To Sync Arlo Camera to the base station.
Re-Sync Arlo With These Steps
If you have found that the Arlo Base Station setup is not completed yet, you can repeat the process as many times as you want. In any case, it fails to sync to the base station, you also have the option to troubleshoot the problem.
Reasons Why Arlo Setup Failed:
- Too much gap between the Arlo base station and wifi.
- Arlo Camera Batteries are too low.
- Poor status of the base station.
- Camera status.
Troubleshooting Tips To Fix Arlo Base Station Issue
- In the very first place, you would need to check the distance between the base station and the security camera. In the above steps, we have mentioned a gap of three feet or less. If you place it too far, you would need to face the issues like Arlo Not Recording All Motion, Arlo Camera Not Recording When Motion Detected, Arlo Camera Stopped Recording, Arlo Won’t Connect to WiFi, Arlo Camera Offline, etc.
- Don’t forget to check the status of the battery for your Arlo camera. On a low battery, the battery icon will turn to orange to alert you. If you want, you can confirm the battery status from the Arlo App or from the Arlo account from a browser. Open the settings icon on the Arlo official account and check the battery status.
After checking the status if you found that the battery is low, recharge it then.
3. Check the Arlo Camera status. If your Arlo Camera Says Offline then you would need to troubleshoot to get it back online.
Here Are the Steps For Complete Troubleshooting
- To reboot the Arlo camera, remove the batteries and insert them again. After doing that, check the LED light behavior. If there is no light, it means you have not installed the batteries in the right manner. If it amber double blinks, it means that the battery is critically low.
- To check the status of the battery, you can open the app. If you have found that the LED light does not blink even when it is charged. In this case, launch the Arlo app and then log in to the Arlo account. Open the settings and check if you have turned off the LED light or it is ON.
After the startup, notice the LED light behaviors with the help of the following steps:
- If the LED blinks rapidly blue, it means that the camera is connected to the cloud.
- Purple and blue blinks LED light means you are in the process of connecting to the cloud.
- The Solid blue light means the lack of connection to the Arlo account.
- Solid amber signifies the lack of a SIM Card. You would need to change the SIM if found broken.
- Slow amber blinks LED means the lack of network coverage.
- Rapid amber blinks show there is a connection with cellular networks and not to the cloud.
- If the firmware update is in progress, it is represented by Amber and blue blinks.
With the help of these steps, you can easily get to know How To Sync Arlo Camera to the base station.
How To Sync Arlo Camera With A Mobile Phone?
If you want to sync the Arlo camera to the mobile phone, follow the steps mentioned below:
Download the Arlo App
- Create a new Arlo account or log into the existing one on your browser. Or else, you can also download the Arlo App. If you don’t have one, download it from the play store or app store.
- After login, search and tap on the icon at the top of the page written as “Add device”.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap on the Arlo security camera.
- Now, search for the type of connection your Arlo camera requires.
- Turn on the Arlo security camera and tap on the sync button at the top.
- You will then see the LED light blinking. You would need to wait until it turns amber. To proceed further, tap on continue.
- After a while, a list of available Wi-Fi will appear on your screen. From here, you would need to search for your wifi network and then enter the password.
- Then, you will need to press the sync button given on the camera. This is all about How To Sync Arlo Camera to the base station.
- Wait for the color change and if it turns blue, it means the syncing process is completed. If it’s not, you will have to repeat the whole process again.
Scan the QR Code
- You will now see the page about the QR Code. You just need to put your phone near the camera and complete the scanning.
- Once the camera reads the code, you will listen for a chime sound from the Arlo camera. To confirm the chime sound, tap on yes. Arlo will be connected to the wifi network of your mobile device. To complete the “How To Sync Arlo Camera” process, tap on continue. Now, you can see the camera on your phone.
- If there was no chime sound coming from the Arlo camera, tap No. This will redirect you to the page where you confirm the SSID or the name of the network.
- You would need to repeat the process until you will not hear the chime sound.
If you have bought the Arlo security camera then it is a must to complete the setup first. In this guide, we have mentioned all the steps about “How To Sync Arlo Camera”. If you are looking for any help then dial the Arlo Security Camera Customer Service Phone Number now.