You have been trying to connect your Blink camera to wifi but it is showing offline huh? We understand the importance of a security camera and now it has stopped suddenly. When we are away from our place, a Blink security camera will help to keep an eye. If your Blink Camera Not Connecting To Wifi, make sure your camera is receiving signals, reboot your router, move your router close to the camera and read the guide.
In this article, we are going to tell you all the reasons behind Blink offline with all its troubleshooting methods. Let’s get started.
Why Blink Camera Not Connecting To Wifi?
If your Blink Camera Not Connecting to Sync Module, here are some possible reasons for the issue:
- Blink camera is not receiving storing signals
- You are connecting your camera to an unsupported wifi band
- The operating system of your mobile device is outdated
- The outdated Blink camera application
Let’s know how to troubleshoot the issue.
How To Troubleshoot When a Blink Camera is Not Connecting To Wifi?
If your Blink Camera Not Connecting To Wifi, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Reboot the Router
Rebooting the router is the very first troubleshooting step you can try to resolve the issue. When you reboot the router, your wifi connection will refresh.
If your router has a power button, press it to turn it OFF and then ON again. In case it doesn’t have a power button, remove the power plug from the wall outlet. Wait for about 30 seconds and plug it back in.
This process will reboot the router. If it won’t be able to help to troubleshoot, jump to the next step.
2. Connect Your Device With A Supported Wifi Band
You might be facing any kind of difficulties while connecting the Blink camera to wifi because of the 5 GHz router.
Let us tell you that Blink security cameras only support a 2.4 GHz wifi network. So, do check the router and double-check if it is connecting to 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
3. Move the Router Close to Blink Camera
It is very necessary to move the router close to the Blink security camera. You might have placed the device far from the security camera and hence Blink Camera Not Picking up motion.
4. Install A Wifi Extender At Your Place
If you have a big house with single wifi then you can increase its strength by installing a wifi extender. It could be possible that you have installed the router far from the base station and hence your Blink Sync Module Offline.
This is the reason why you should install a wifi extender at your place.
5. Update the Blink App & Operating System of Smartphone
If you have applied all the steps but still your Blink Camera Not Connecting To Wifi then check the operating system of your smartphone and the current version of the app.
If you will use an outdated version of the Blink camera app then it may cause malfunctions. Additionally, an outdated operating system of your device may cause the problem too.
So, check your app and update the Blink camera app. Don’t forget to check if you have an update for your operating system.
- Open the phone’s settings
- Tap on “System” and click on “Advanced”.
- Now, click on “System Update” to check for the new update and follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the “Settings” icon and then tap on “General”.
- Select “Software Update” and then tap “Download” and “Install”.
- Update your device by clicking on “Install”.
A number of different reasons are responsible for Blink Camera Not Connecting To Wifi. In this guide, we have discussed all the reasons that are responsible for the glitch along with its troubleshooting steps. If you want to discuss a bit more about it then ask our experts.